Get the Most Out of Your Home with a Home Performance with Energy Star Energy Audit
We are dedicated to offering a comprehensive energy audit that utilizes the most current tools, software, and energy efficiency practices working in partnership with the major utilities and government agencies.
Qualify for Rebates and Save Money
When you get a Home Performance Energy Audit, you can qualify for rebates up to $7500 on insulation and air sealing, heating and air-conditioning, water heater, indoor air-quality, windows and other upgrades. This is an excellent way to save money and reduce your energy costs. Our energy auditors will help you find the best solutions for your home and provide you with the right tools and information to start making improvements.
Understanding Your Home’s Systems Including Heating and Cooling Systems
A Home Performance Energy Audit will give you a better understanding of your home’s heating and cooling systems. Our audit will help you identify air leaks in your home that are increasing energy costs, as well as provide you with information about the condition and effectiveness of your insulation. With this knowledge, you can make informed decisions about how to get the most out of your home.
- Client Interview: Upon arrival, we sit down with the homeowner to discuss their concerns, comfort issues, and collect basic information about the home.
- Review of Utility Bills: During the interview, we will review 12 months of your utility bills to determine the home’s historical energy consumption and discuss any patterns or observations made from the review.
- Visual Inspection: Before performing any audit testing, we will walk throughout the property with you to observe the current condition of the home and pinpoint any potential problem areas.
- Blower Door Test: This test is used to determine the air leakage of the client’s home and will allow us to recommend how to improve the air tightness and ventilation of the home.
- Infrared Inspection: This test determines visually where heat or cold is escaping from the home and will allow us to recommend areas that would benefit from additional insulation and air sealing.
- Combustion Appliance Zone Test: We will perform a series of tests that evaluate the efficiency of the home’s combustion appliance ventilation and exhaust system.
- Customer Report: Upon completion of the energy audit, we will produce a detailed report including: current energy usage, health/safety concerns, building tightness, recommended improvements and estimated savings.
The audit takes approximately 2-3 hours depending on the size of the home and the questions you have for your expert.
Yes, it is important that you are available at least during the start of the audit to answer any questions the auditor might have.
- Please have 12-months of your electric and/or gas utility usage available for our expert to review.
- Take note of any drafty areas or rooms that are always too hot or too cold.
- Remove clutter and obstructions around the water heater, AC units, furnaces, attic, basement and crawlspace openings.
- Close all windows, outside doors, fireplace dampers/doors and wood stove air intakes when our expert arrives on-site.
- Remove all ashes from fireplaces or cover the ashes with wet newspapers.
Get Started Now
Don’t wait, start saving money and improving your home’s efficiency with a Home Performance Energy Audit. Our team of professional inspectors is here to help you get the most out of your home and reduce your energy costs. Contact us today to get started and start saving money.
Contact us to learn more
Improve your home efficiency today!